Emily Simpson Opens Up About Suffering 4 Miscarriages in 5 Years - Magplanet

by - January 23, 2019

Emily Simpson Opens Up About Suffering 4 Miscarriages in 5 Years - Magplanet: On this week's episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County, Emily Simpson revealed that she almost died.

Emily explained that she had four miscarriages in five years.

Now, she is opening up about her experiences with tragedy.




On The Real Housewives of Orange County, Emily's Mother-in-law Pary did her best to dissuade her from trying for another baby.

"Your body couldn't handle it before," Pary reasoned. "Can it handle it now?"

Pary reminded her: "You almost died."

"I know," Emily acknowledged. "I forget that sometimes."

She explains her sad personal history to the camera.




"It was very difficult for me to have children," Emily revealed. "Over the course of about four years, I had five miscarriages."

"And then Shane and I did in vitro," she adds. "I carried twins until about four months, and then I went into labor, and I lost them."

That is absolutely heartbreaking.

"I remember laying in the hospital bed, needing a blood transfusion 'cause I lost so much blood," Emily shares.

"And I remember thinking to myself, 'Wow, this is what it feels like to die.' I can just picture it. I can picture the hospital room," Emily says.




"I can picture the lights, I can picture the nurses," Emily describes. "They were all crying. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through"

"I still have nine embryos left," she shares. "Embryos, not eggs. Embryos"

"I've always wanted to have more than one girl," Emily shares.

"Sara and I were so close growing up that we just had that bond," she adds. "It was just the two of us."

Emily adds: "She's my best friend even now."




"My mom had a lot of issues," Emily continues. "a lot of things she was dealing with when my sister and I were growing up,"

"So," she says. "That's really why my sister and I connect so much and on such an emotional level."

"We've just been through a lot of things together," she explains.

Emly says: "I wanna give that same thing to Annabelle that I had with Sara."

But her husband is adamant that Emily not risk another pregnancy, saying: "No."




On Instagram, Emily teased the episode by opening up about her own experiences.

"October marks pregnancy and infant loss awareness month," Emily begins.

She continues: "It was a time in my life when I never felt so ALONE"

"It’s a difficult episode for me to watch," she says of this latest episode.

"But I hope sharing my journey brings light and awareness to such a difficult and taboo subject," Emily explains.

"And," she writes. "Hopefully helps other women out there feel less ALONE"




"TAG your friends, family or any other women out there who may be dealing with the same issues," Emily suggests. "Let’s support one another."

That is not always good advice. For some, miscarriages are very personal. Others simply will not welcome the reminder.

"THANK YOU to my beautiful sister @ms_moffitt for sacrificing so much to carry all three of my children for me when my body failed me," Emily shares.

That is Sara Moffitt, the same sister with whom she has a close bond. That is clear.

"And," she concludes, thanking "my husband @shanesimps for being by side through it all."


View Slideshow: 32 Stars Who Have Suffered a Miscarriage

You May Also Like

0 comments